We’ve all experienced it: the intense, suffocating heat from outside that pollutes our cars and renders them unbearable. Without a functioning air conditioning system, summertime drives become a misery of sweat and irritation. Before you take your car in for expensive repairs though – or worse — buckle up for an uncomfortable ride – make sure to check if your car AC needs attention. In today’s blog post, we’ll be exploring five clear indicators that it’s time to have your vehicle air conditioner serviced — so read on to save yourself a headache (and some money)!
- Unpleasant smells coming from the vents: If you notice any foul or unpleasant odors when your AC is switched on, this is a sure sign that something has gone awry and needs to be checked out. It could be dirt, mold, or mildew building up in the air filters — whatever it may be, make sure to have your car’s AC serviced soon.
- Excessive noise from the vents: When an air conditioner is running smoothly, it should be nearly silent. If you hear any loud noises coming from the vents when your AC is switched on, this could indicate a major problem that needs to be looked at by an experienced mechanic.
- Hot or warm air coming from the vents: If you’re not feeling a chill coming from your car AC, then it’s time to have it checked out. There could be a variety of possible causes — ranging from a broken fan belt to blocked air filters — so make sure to get it looked at soon!
- Reduced airflow from the vents: If turning up the fan doesn’t help cool the inside of your vehicle, this could mean that your car AC is blocked with debris. Make sure to have it checked out and serviced by a qualified mechanic soon.
- Water leaking from underneath the car: If you notice any water pooling underneath your vehicle near the air conditioner, then this could be a sign of an internal leak and needs to be checked out right away.
There you have it: five clear signs that your car AC needs attention. If you’re experiencing any of the above, don’t take a chance — make sure to have your vehicle air conditioner serviced by a professional mechanic soon! Many reputable garages offer free inspections and detailed reports so you know exactly what needs to be done. Staying on top of your car’s air conditioning can save you money and keep your vehicle in tip-top shape — so make sure to pay attention to any signs of issues and take care of them as soon as possible!
If you are experiencing any of the signs described above, don’t hesitate to contact Pinecrest Shell for fast and reliable car air conditioning services. We can diagnose your car’s AC problems quickly and offer solutions that fit your budget and time constraints. With our help, you can be sure that your vents will be blowing climate-controlled air in no time at all, backed by an AC and heating unit system that’s in full working condition. Plus, with a team of professional auto mechanics who are always happy to speak with new and returning clients, you can be sure that your car is being taken care of the right way! Contact us today!