At Pinecrest Shell in Alexandria, Va, we want our customers in Annandale, Fairfax, Falls Church, Alexandria and all surrounding areas to get the most out of their vehicles.
What’s the key to keeping your car running for a long time? It is following the recommended maintenance intervals outlined in your owner’s manual and checking for potential problems before they happen! These are essential to overall vehicle maintenance and increased longevity of your vehicle. Whether you are just doing you scheduled vehicle maintenance, need a yearly State Inspection, or those pesky auto repairs arise …..remember where to turn….. Pinecrest Shell!
Here are some helpful car care tips to keep your vehicle running reliably:
- Change the oil within the suggested service intervals. Checking & changing your oil and oil filter will help your engine and vehicle run smoothly. While changing your oil as required is important, using the manufacturer’s recommended oil for your vehicle can improve gas mileage by 1-2%
- Pay attention to battery life. Battery connections should be kept tight, clean, and free of corrosion. Batteries rarely provide warnings before failing, so be sure to seek battery replacements as necessary.
- Transmission and differential fluid are other important fluids to check during service intervals. Unusual noises, sluggish shifting, or abrupt gear changes are all signs that your transmission service interval is quickly approaching or has passed. For fluid specifications, be sure to consult your owner’s manual for your manufacturer’s recommended transmission fluid type and viscos
- Moving components require regular lubrication and should be checked as often as the oil is changed. Driveline components, like CV and u-joints, are flexible components that, if not properly lubricated, can break down and cause other major components to go with them.
- Brake fluid can attract moisture, which will corrode components. Brake fluid should be replaced once a year to keep calipers, hoses, and other components in top operating condition. Other important fluids to consider changing on a regular basis include power steering fluid and coolant. Each fluid has its own service interval, so be sure to check with the manufacturer.
- Fully functioning climate control systems are important to your comfort and your overall safety. A complete flush and fill of the coolant system is necessary for ridding the system of dirt and rust collected from the engine, radiator, and various hoses. Refrigerant may also be checked prior to the onset of warmer seasons.
- Wheel alignments can realign your wheels to your manufacturer’s specifications. Wheel alignments improve straight-line tracking and reduce tire wear. If you feel unusual pulling to one side, it is time for a wheel alignment.
- Avoid stop-and-go driving. This wastes fuel and adds unnecessary wear and premature age to crucial components.
By following these helpful tips and the following the service intervals listed inside your owner’s manual, you can guard against major repairs and unexpected failures. Proper vehicle maintenance can save you money in the long run, and improve your safety and the safety of your passengers. Remember too that neglecting suggested services at regular intervals will void vehicle and parts warranties. No one wants that!
So stay on top of routine vehicle maintenance and visit us today at Pinecrest Shell or contact us online when your vehicle needs to be serviced by our professionals. We look forward to seeing you!
WE WORK ON ALL MAKES AND MODELS INCLUDING:
BUICK • CADILLAC • CHEVROLET • CHRYSLER • DODGE • FORD • GMC • JEEP • LINCOLN OLDSMOBILE • PONTIAC • SATURN • AUDI • BMW • JAGUAR • LAND ROVER • MERCEDES MINI COOPER • PORSCHE • SAAB • VOLVO • VOLKSWAGEN • ACURA • HONDA • HYUNDAI INFINITI • KIA • LEXUS • MAZDA • MITSUBISHI • NISSAN • SCION • SUBARU • SUZUKI • TOYOTA