Every year, the state of Virginia requires all residents to have their cars undergo a state inspection at certified stations. Once the vehicle passes the annual safety inspection, car owners will receive their new inspection sticker.
Pinecrest Shell & Auto Repair is a certified provider of vehicle state inspections in Alexandria, VA. We help drivers stay safe by ensuring their cars conform to the government’s regulations on safety and emissions.
Virginia Auto Inspections: The Basics
Newcomers to the state must prioritize their car’s vehicle inspection. They need to submit their vehicle for a safety inspection and an emission test within a month of moving to Virginia.
Meanwhile, vehicles of old residents of the state should undergo inspections annually. The government also requires an emission inspection before the car’s registration, every two years.
Inspections: A Necessity
Vehicle inspections aim to keep drivers, passengers, and roads safe. Apart from complying with Virginia’s safety regulations, these inspections reveal other issues a car may have. All state inspections in Alexandria, VA check the car’s important components, including exhaust, fuel system, brakes, suspension, and steering.
State inspections also come with the following benefits:
- Better car performance. Since an inspection identifies your vehicle’s malfunctions at an earlier stage, it can nip problems in the bud and guarantee your car’s optimum performance. You won’t worry about your vehicle breaking down in the middle of the road.
- More savings. A state inspection is one of the best ways to maintain your car’s performance, as well as extend its life. You’ll save more by addressing the minor repairs today instead of dealing with major ones that develop in the future.
If you recently moved to Virginia or your car is up for the annual inspection, let us take a look at it. Pinecrest Shell & Auto Repair provides comprehensive repairs and repairs, if necessary.
What We Check
Our automotive repair shop performs multi-point checks. Trust our mechanics to inspect the following components:
- Vehicle’s doors, hood, and everything underneath
- Floor pan
- Driver’s seat
- Lights (includes interior lights, exterior lights, and headlights)
- Suspension and steering
- Air pollution control system
- Signal devices
Follow the rules and keep safe on the road with us today. We are your go-to provider of state inspection in Alexandria, VA. For more information, schedule a visit now.